Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hello there!

So....
I started this because I think writing keeps me from losing my mind, & yet I haven't done any of it in the last 2.5 years & really, writing helps me figure out a lot more about myself.
Guess I should start off with a bit about myself...

I'm Mrs. Brooks. I'm 20. My husband is 23. Mr. Brooks is in the U.S. Army & is deploying inccredibly too soon for the very first time! He has been in for 3 years. We've been together for 2. Married for almost 2. & We have a 1 year old son, Andrew. Andrew is a New Years baby & one of the happiest little boys you could ever come across (& I'm not saying that because he is mine!) I truly believe he will do something great in this world.
I'm a Navy Brat, a soccer player, a swimmer, a runner, a lover, sometimes a fighter. I was born in Dallas Texas & raised..Everywhere! I have a best friend that has been by my side since the 5th grade, & I believe that is a rarity, especially these days. You never know who you can trust anymore!

I always see the glass half full (Except that time when the Army lost all of our Household goods for a week)... & I think it bothers people how happy I am. I mean of course, I have my bad days, my husband & I are by no means perfect, we have our arguments, but we are perfect for each other &  I see my life in a beautiful way. Why do people get bothered by others happiness? Are they upset that it was not them who had that first grasp at that feeling? I wonder about this a lot. I see peoples Facebooks & more people can be happy for someone if they are single than in a relationship... More people can be happy that someone went out, got drunk & got into trouble than someone who got up, went for some excercise, & did meaningful & productive things with their lives.

Anyways... That's a whole other blog!

I live in New York currently. My dream & mission in life is to become a Registered Nurse, & I have a passion for this. I am so ecstatic that I can finally settle in somewhere & start towards achieving my dream. (& on another note I cannot stand people that are in the medical field "For the Money", personally, I don't want my life in the hands of someone who is just doing this job for the paycheck, I'd rather it be in the hands of someone who wants to help people out)

Currently, I am a stay at home Mom. But don't let that fool you. I get on the internet at nap time  & after bedtime. My son has always got me on the go, my house is ALWAYS clean, & I am either teaching my son, playing with my son, feeding my son, feeding my husband, feeding them both, picking up after the two of them, working out, doing laundry, or shoveling snow. & I would not have it any other way. Okay... Well now that our boy is over a year old, I think a job sounds nice... But I think I will focus on school for now.

I'm struggling to get back to my pre-baby weight. So that will be an adventure to keep up with on here. I think I might get brave & even post before & after pictures & pictures to track my progress as well! I was rather large my freshman & sophomore year of High school, began losing it my junior & my senior I was eating constantly & running 3 miles 6 days out of the week... Ahh, the care free days. Now my excercise consists of chasing my Toddler & the occasional Zumba session on my Kinect. It's a little sad. But I have made myself & my husband a promise I will lose this weight (40 pounds) while he is gone on deployment. Not  that he says anything, because I know he loves me no matter what, but I also know he misses me that way. & I miss myself that way as well! I'm 5'9 & even with a bit of a gut & some love handles these days I still have an athletic build, with toned shoulders from Swimming & powerhouse thighs  from years of soccer, my lowest weight ever was 165 & my smallest pants size was an 11 (9 on the really, really good days!) So, obviously I am a larger build anyways. I see girls eyes pop when I say "Oh to be an 11 again"... But at a 9, I was not eating & taking adderall to help myself lose weight & I began to look sickly, at a SIZE NINE. So forgive me for loving my double digit pant size!

I'm excited for this blog, it will be a nice place to record my thoughts on this weight-loss journey, a nice place to vent & share while my husband & I go through our first  deployment (Well, while he goes through his first deployment & while I support him through & through) & just to let it all out to people that may understand better than the closest of my friends!

Goodnight!

                                                                    -Mrs. Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment